[Mm-friends] Windows 8 narrator and braille displays?RE:old mainmenu shows

David Tanner david.tanner100 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 04:57:13 GMT 2012

IIt is my understanding that you can definately do the installation of
Windows 8 with Narrator.  I have had a couple of people told me that you can
also install Windows 7 with Narrator, but I am not so sure about that claim.
But I personally know more than one person who did the complete install of
Windows 8 with Narrator.  I did almost the entire Windows 8 install with
Narrator when I installed the full Windows 8 on the computer where I had
been running the Windows 8 Consumer pPReview.
ust to add a little more new information for folks; I installed Windows 8
Pro on my Mac Book Pro that had been running Windows 7 Pro this past sunday
afternoon.  I took the option to preserve my Windows 7 apps and Windows
personal settings from Windows 7.  Once the install completed installing
including several reboots Windows 8 came up with Jaws 14 talking Openbook 9
still installed, Goldwave, and MS Office 2010 still installed and working
just fine.  The only down side was that while Jaws and OpenBook were both
still installed and working fine; I did have to reauthorize both Jaws and
OpenBook, but I had no problem getting that done.  And, there was no point
during the entire install that I needed to read any information in order to
complete the install.  And, I stayed at the keyboard during the install so
that I was ready for each boot and could be sure that the Mac booted into
bootcamp/Windows.  It was pretty impressive and haven't seen any glitches
using Windows 8 on the Mac thus far.