[Mm-friends] NVDA MainMenu Distribution File

David Tanner david.tanner100 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 03:07:57 GMT 2012

I am not sure where that whole issue stands today with Kurzweil.  A few
years back there was a problem with the Eloquence in Kurzweil and the
Eloquence in Window-Eyes clashing, and as I remember the final solution at
that time was to remove the Eloquence from Window-Eyes and use the Kurzweil
version because it was a newer release; which would indicate that at that
time the Eloquence in Kurzweil must not have been strictly tied to Kurzweil,
and I have seen that you can use the SAPI voices that come with Kurzweil
with about any screen reader that uses SAPI.  But, again, whether it is
strictly speaking legal to do so is another question.  I will tell you I
don't know.