[Mm-friends] Windows 8: What It Is Really Like

kelsey trevett trevk007 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 21:36:24 GMT 2012

Hi,
Last weekend I upgraded to Windows 8 from Vister.  When I found
out that I didn't have a JAWS licence, I had to download NVDA.
That was working fine until Windows 8 crashed.  I had to send it
in.  They said (take note of this if you plan to upgrade):
When you upgrade from one Windows version to another, you must
set the old Windows settings to `default`.
I didn't do this therefore my PC crashed.
Now I have it running again, I think that it is...  amazing!
The keystrokes and new environment are extremely accessible with
the following screenreaders:
NVDA.
JAWS (I know this due to the 40 min demo mode).
Supernova.
Windows Eyes and of course Windows Narrator.  The start screen
works great and all the charms are fantastically accessible!
This is a good step up Microsoft, keep it up!
Cheers,
Kelsey