[Mm-friends] Windows 8

Mary Emerson maryemerson at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 18 15:50:16 GMT 2012

Hi list,

One of the books I'm reading about Windows 8 warns people not to upgrade
directly from Windows 7. It can be done, but portions of the low-level
code in Windows 8 are different enough to cause a PC to crash. I think
my preference would be to purchase a new PC with Windows 8 on it, and
use Easy Transfer to copy files and settings from the old PC to the new
Windows 8 PC. It's a longer process, but much cleaner since it doesn't
leave old stuff on the PC that could cause bugs and crashes.

Mary