[Mm-friends] The NLS Bard Site is Up and Working

Mary Emerson maryemerson at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 27 23:31:41 GMT 2012

Hi all,

For those in the U.S. who have been missing BARD, it's back up. You need
to know your Bard password to log in. When you log in, you won't need to
use Web Braille any more, because Web braille is now a part of Bard. I
just grabbed a web braille book; it was downloaded as a zip file, just
like talking books are; when you unzip it, you get all the volumes.
There are lots of new features to explore. Just thought I'd let you know
in case you haven't heard it's back up.

The new talking books look like they include all of this year's new
books, in alphabetical order.

That's all I know so far.

Mary