[Mm-friends] recording synthesizer and voice

Mary Emerson maryemerson at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 29 02:32:49 GMT 2012

Hi,

I don't know how David did it, but I use an external sound card; many
Creative SoundBlaster cards have a "what u hear" option which lets you
record any sounds the computer makes, along with sounds from a
microphone. In Windows 7 and XP, you can do this easily; but in Windows
7, there is a sound mixer that can be adjusted via the system tray or
the "sound" option in the control panel. My preferred method is to go to
the system tray, go down to the bottom of the list, and push enter on
it; you land on an option to adjust the sound mixer. When you press
enter, you're in a dialog that you can tab around to adjust sound
levels. I turn them all up to 100 percent. Each sound level represents a
different program that's currently running and that can create sound output.

Before this can work, though, you need a SoundBlaster sound card, and it
needs to be installed, if it isn't already on your PC. This often
requires that you go to the Creative Labs web site and download a new
driver for the sound card, because sometimes the driver that comes with
the card is too old.

Mary