[Mm-friends] a little more about Windows 8

Mary Emerson maryemerson at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 29 04:52:33 GMT 2012

Hi again,

I've been looking at the book called Windows 8 Out Of The Box and it
says that the e-mail program that comes with Windows 8 is a watered-down
version of Live Mail. Live Mail has been made to work at a level that's
similar to Outlook.

Also, Windows 8 Explorer has Computer, as Windows 7 Explorer did. I use
Computer all the time because it works so much like My Computer on XP.

I get the impression from this book that new desktop applications can't
be installed on tablets, but I could be wrong, and the book could be wrong.

On a side note, I checked Amazon and found some accessories for the
Microsoft Surface; they come in a package including a carrying case;
looks like total price is about $37. I don't know when the Surface will
be out.

I hope NBP or somebody will come out with a list of keystrokes and a
description of gestures; there are a few, such as pinching in and
pinching out with two fingers, and moving your finger up and down the
screen. Probably not too hard.

Mary