[Mm-friends] a little more about Windows 8

David Tanner david.tanner100 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 01:18:06 GMT 2012

Mary,

Most of the slates, which are similar to the iPad, are running on a
non-desktop version of Windows 8 called Windows 8 RT.  The applications for
that operating system will not run on a Windows 8 desktop or laptop system,
and applications that run on desktop and laptop Windows 8 systems will not
run on the Windows 8 tablets, also called slates.

Now, to further confus you, the Windows 8 operating system for desktops and
laptops does support gestures, etc. on pcs that have touch screens  or a
touch pad.

Stay tuned because I think this will all become clearer once we start seeing
more of these systems hit the market over the coming months.