[Mm-friends] New Tech Highlighted On MainMenu This Week

Chase Crispin chase at acbradio.org
Sun Feb 10 22:12:50 EST 2013

Hi Luis,
David Woodbridge, the creator of these Vision Australia podcasts, is an
active member of the Main Menu staff.  These podcasts are made for both Main
Menu and Vision Australia.  Though these segments are not exclusive to Main
menu, they are very popular and important to our listeners.  We get a lot of
feedback on these iOS and Mac tutorials.

We constantly try to have a balance between different types of technology.
Sometimes, an entire show is dedicated to a certain topic, but we try to
cover some things about Windows, some things about the Mac, some things
about iOS, some things about mobile apps, some things about blindness
technology, etc.  If you look at our archives, you will find that we have a
pretty equal amount of reviews between these groups of technologies that I
just outlined.  There are so many people in the blindness community using
iOS and Macs that it would be unfair for us to stop broadcasting these
segments from Vision Australia.  In the same way, we would not stop
producing reviews of apps for the PC, websites, or demos of note takers.  We
always try to have a balance between all the types of technologies.

We do also have exclusive Mac and iOS demos.  David Woodbridge has produced
some demos exclusively for us.  Many of us on staff, including David Tanner,
Dan Eickmeier, and myself have done iOS and/or Mac demos on
listener-requested topics.

I realize that you may not wish to hear these iOS or Mac demos, but the
advantage of downloading our shows as you do is that you can just skip past
these demos.  We already have several segments planned on windows 8, Android
4.2, the new Victor Reader Stream, games for the Mac, new iOS apps, and
more.  Again, we try to cover all types of technology on Main Menu.

Please do let us know if you have further questions or concerns on this.
Sincerely,

Chase Crispin
Main Menu Executive Producer

  _____