[Mm-friends] m-friends recording YouTube audio - is it legal and?

David Tanner david.tanner100 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 01:15:27 GMT 2013

I would not want to go on record as saying whether this is illegal or not, but I would say that if there is a link to purchase the song from the iTunes store it is a clear indication that the material is copywrited.  That being the case I would say that it is very likely illegal to make a recording of that music because it is illegal to make  a copy of copyrighted works without the express written agreement of the copywrite holder.  So, if that written permission is not present on You Tube then you should consider that you do not have the permission of the copywrite holder to copy their work.

I am not an attourney, but I am betting that they would tell you the same thing.