[Mm-friends] Audio related mailing lists or podcasts

David Tanner david.tanner100 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 23:09:45 EDT 2013

Louise,

I have used Sound Forge for years, but have been using it less lately
because Studio Recorder is much easier to use with speech.  I do have the
Snowman Radio JFW scripts for Sound Forge, but even with them it is
difficult to impossible to do some of the more advanced things in Sound
Forge, and it is not nearly as easy to do really tight editing in Sound
Forge with Jaws.

Sound Forge is definitely a more powerful audio editor, and it certainly
deserves it's reputation as a top audio editor, but depending on what kind
of editing one is doing Studio Recorder may do as well or better depending
on what the task is that one needs to accomplish at the time.

I have Studio Recorder for recording and editing talk and things like
MainMenu.  Goldwave for a lot of editing I do on editing recordings of
vynal.  But, if I can't get all the clean-up and equalization done with
Goldwave, then I go to Sound Forge with assurance that it will do the job,
but it may take longer, and not be quite as easy to use.  But, I know folks
who can do almost as well with Audacity if they really know how to use that
software.