[Mm-friends] UEB Presentation

jose cruz josecruz at panix.com
Tue Feb 17 03:05:49 EST 2015

hi There! I don't agree! After all, before there were
differences! Why not continue them! You may be a
world-type person, but even UEB will not accomplish what you seem
to favor! Take Mexico; how about Spain; and how about most of
Asia! All UEB really amounts to is trying to please Canada, the
English, and a few other countries! Anyway, I have already
created a company to kick some common sense into a few people who
do not care about the thousands of books at various institutions
in the U.S. and the Library of Congress! I was just hoping that
there would be a few blind people who care enough to do
something! Oh by the way, UEB will cost more and will eventually
create a huge expense for all kinds of organizations and the U.S.
Government! Anyway,
I am proceeding! Stay tuned!

Jose

projects) but i wanted to chime in here. I have used UEB and find
it to have a learning curve.. I personally prefer grade 2. That
said, if we were to resist UEB, when other english speaking
countries have already adopted it, would that not cause more
divide? Think of it like this. We live in a connected world. Not
everyone who speaks English uses grade 2, and it seems to me like
future generations would have to learn grades 1, 2, and UEB. I
know our displays allow for on the fly translation, but what if
we wanted to emboss something to send to a friend? I should note
that i am a globalist , humanist, and progressive. Thoughts?

<mm-friends at acbradio..org> wrote:

>> Hello! I agree! Let us form an organization to bring some sense
and reason to the situation and to go back to Grade II U.S.

>> Jose

Braille
>> code,
>>> one cell per computer symbol. It's my default code for the
>> display
>>> that's hooked up to my PC. Having worked both as a programmer
and
>>> technical writer, I needed to be sure certain characters were
>> lined up
>>> precisely, especially when I wrote code that was structured and
>> had five
>>> or six routines inside each other. It was much easier for both
my
>>> sighted colleagues and me to read if each little routine was
>> indented
>>> three spaces inside the previous one, and it never would have
>> been as
>>> easy to code if I would have had to consider two-celled symbols.
>> So, as
>>> usual, the old single-cell-per-symbol computer code is still a
>> winner
>>> for me.

>>> Mary