[Mm-friends] I need your help

Carrie Francis carrieefrancis at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 6 09:32:50 CEST 2016

Hello, Janine.
I was wondering if the Main Menu team could help me out with something.
I was looking over The Audio Description Project (ADP)'s website yesterday, and I stumbled onto something which I feel the blind/visually impaired community should be aware of. A San Fransisco California company, Actiview, founded by Alex and Braun, has developed the Actiview app, an app which, when it launches, will allow persons with disabilities, including blindness/visual impairment, hearing impairments, deafness, to simply access the appropriate track for the movie solely by using the Actiview app on their IPhone or Android! I feel that this is fantastic news for the blind/visually impaired, as we have been battling problems with audio description systems in theatres for years, (or at lteast, I have been). I was wondering if you could get a hold of these individuals and discuss Actiview on a later Main Menu show. I also would like to know if the app will be able to be used by blind/visually impaired Canadians. I would ask this myself, but I cannot find their Email address. If you could help me with this, I would be very grateful. Thanks!