[Mm-friends] This week's Main Menu goes for the Gold!

Carrie Francis carrieefrancis at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 7 14:28:05 CEST 2016

I agree with you, Jenine about Comcast's efforts with providing us with AD of the Olympics. For a long time now, I thought that Canada was being excluded when it came to the provision of AD on DVD and in other mediums, and this had me feeling angry, betrayed, hurt and abandoned. However, I recently discovered that one of the institutions that I thought was excluding us has made great strides in providing me with the means to discover what movies are available in theatres, the ability to monitor a worldwide consortium on AD which I was unaware had been formed, and they have also been taking other meaningful measures to keep Canadians with blindness/visual impairments in the loop with regards to AD. What is more, I have also discovered recently that the UK, which I thought had access to all AD mediums, also has poor access to this medium. So, I am trying to make amends for all of the anger and frustration that I have been feeling for many years, which was misplaced and unwarranted. So, sometimes, when I hear of other people in the world with limited access to AD, I get a little passionate about wanting to help them gain access. I did not know that AD of sporting events had not been attempted before, and so, I also thank Comcast for their efforts. Let's see if we can get the other cable companies on board *grin!