[Mm-friends] This week on Main Menu for July 15, 2016

Jason Castonguay jcast77 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 23:41:30 CEST 2016

Hello everyone!

This week, we take you to the 2016 ACB Conference and Convention, but before we get there, we wanted to play a brief portion from the Mac OS Ken Podcast <http://macosken.com/> in which Ken reads from an article describing an award which was presented to Apple by The American Council of the Blind. This award was presented on July 4 during the conference.

Following that, we bring you to the Information Access Committee's 4-1-1 workshop. Brian Charlson brings us through the day in the life of a blind person as it relates to tech and how we access it. We learn, as we go, how ACB has been involved with these related companies and their tech in order to improve and acknowledge accessibility efforts and achievements. We learn some very interesting pieces of information from this workshop segment.  ;-)

Main Menu is aired every Friday evening at 9PM Eastern on ACB Radio Mainstream <http://acbradio.org/mainstream>. It repeats every four hours until 5PM the following day. You can listen at air time using your computer or mobile device, using the ACB Link iOS app, or by calling (605) 475-8130. It is also available as a podcast <http://mainmenu.acbradio.org/rss.xml>.

If you’d like to contact us with comments or feedback, feel free to e-mail us <mailto:mainmenu at acbradio.org> or interact with us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/mainmenu>.

Thanks very much for listening.

--
Jason