[Mm-friends] This week on Main Menu for June 17, 2016

Jason Castonguay jcast77 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 16:19:28 CEST 2016

Hi there, everyone!

On this week’s show, we start out visiting with our guest, Chad Blanco, who talks about cord cutting. There are now a couple of apps available for  the latest Apple TV model which allow us to couch potato with the best of them. The Channels app <https://getchannels.com/> allows for accessible browsing and watching of over-the-air digital TV channels with some additional hardware. Furthermore, Sling TV <http://www.sling.com/devices> is now available for Apple TV, allowing for more affordable access to the equivalent of a basic cable plan.

During this discussion with Chad, he references two web sites which can help with finding out what channels are available over the air in a given area, among other tips for antenna placement and more. they are AntennaWeb.org <http://www.antennaweb.org/> and TVFool.com <http://www.tvfool.com/>.

To end the show, the entire Main Menu Team gets together to discuss some highlights of the recent Apple WWDC event. We also talk about the “mergification” (you’ll understand the relevancy of the term when you hear the show) between AI Squared and VFO Group. You’ll hear about sponsors for this year’s ACB National Conference and Convention and about some events that are planned there, as well.

Main Menu can be heard every Friday evening on ACB Radio Mainstream <http://acbradio.org/mainstream> beginning at 9PM Eastern Time, repeating every four hours until 5PM the following day. Catch with any Internet-connected device, listen with ACB Link (we’ll be highlighting some new features of this app next week), grab Main Menu as a podcast, or listen at air time by calling (605) 475-8130. You can interact with us on Twitter <https://www.twitter.com/mainmenu> or send us feedback <mailto:mainmenu at acbradio.org> via e-mail.

Thanks very much and enjoy the show!

--
Jason Castonguay <jcast77 at gmail.com>