[Mm-friends] This week on Main Menu for March 11, 2016

Jason Castonguay jcast77 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 16:26:02 EST 2016

Hello everyone!

This week, we start with new Main Menu Team member Jenine Stanley, in her presentation called “Digital Assistant Smackdown.” She starts out reviewing the three assistants — Siri, Google Now <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-app-search-made-just/id284815942?mt=8>, and Hound <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hound-voice-search-assistant/id1032432287?mt=8> — followed by a demo of each, including pitting them against each other.

Next, we speak with Shelly Brisbin. She wrote a book in 2014 called “iOS Access for All <http://www.iosaccessbook.com/> — Your Comprehensive Guide to Accessibility for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. It is a thorough overview and explanation of all the iOS accessibility features (not just Voiceover and Screen Magnification) and she recently updated the book for iOS 9.

Then, we spend time with guest Carrie Schaffer. In our talk with her, she tells us about and demonstrates the File Browser and Music Streamer apps developed by Stratospherix <http://www.stratospherix.com/>.

To wrap up the show, Randy Rusnak returns to show us a neat little feature of the Hound Digital Assistant.

You can listen to Main Menu beginning every Friday evening at 9PM Eastern on ACB Radio Mainstream <http://acbradio.org/mainstream>. It repeats every four hours until 5PM the following day and it is also available as a podcast. You can use your computer of choice, get the ACB Link app for your iOS device, or just call (605) 475-8130.

Enjoy the show and thanks for listening!

--
Jason Castonguay <jcast77 at gmail.com <mailto:jcast77 at gmail.com>>