[Mm-friends] What would you like to hear about on Main Menu

Jenine Stanley dragonwalker64 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 10:18:05 EDT 2016

All righty, we’ll see what we can do with NVDA for folks.

I’m thinking of doing something from the ground up. You lost your sight and need to use a screen reader. Here’s one alternative. then we’ll move into replacing your paid screen reader with NVDA. If there are specific programs you’d like to see NVDA work in, please speak up and we’ll give that a try.

Way back in a former life I was a tech trainer, before there were true tech trainers and standards for such. Can ya tell?

I’m sure also that Jeff will bring us back word about the Braille Touch and the Braille to go B2G, from National Braille Press.

I’m also a slate and stylus geek and have a collection, though I don’t use them as much as I really should. If anyone has new and interesting types of slates and styli, speak up here and we can review them.

My favorites are the Tuck-away stylus from APH, which I believe is no longer being made, and a full page slate in both portrait and landscape, which I think I found at the Braille Super Store. I also found a little plastic gadget for your keychain that allows you to label your bills, U.S. dollars at least, in braille and raised print. It freaks people out when they feel money I’ve labeled this way. Of course you have to initially identify the money somehow but the little gadget is really cool. It does take some hand strength to get a good impression and I wish for that, it was made of metal or stronger plastic.
Jenine Stanley
dragonwalker64 at gmail.com