[Mm-friends] What would you like to hear about on Main Menu

Jenine Stanley dragonwalker64 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 10:22:56 EDT 2016

Hi Luis,

Never fear. Main Menu will try hard to be a balanced program with news, demos and other aspects of using as much technology as we can, including the Apple products, Android, when we can get knowledgable presenters, and Windows, plus other types of tech for blind people.

I was much the same as you when it came to refreshable braille, before I actually got a refreshable braille display. You never know what you will be using in future.

The Optacon was an amazing piece of tech back in the day, and still would be in its original 6 x 6 pin form. Given the technology that now goes into phone screens, wouldn’t it be interesting to see another Optacon type program using haptic feedback and the phone camera?

I’d love something like that for reading rounded things that are hard to scan but easy to visually read.
Jenine Stanley
dragonwalker64 at gmail.com