[Mm-friends] We start out big and end with small on this week's Main Menu

Jason Castonguay jcast77 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 13:19:48 EST 2017

Hi there, everyone!

OK, so we didn’t focus on gift ideas in this show, but more often than not, tech does its own advertising and we, the entranced consumers, feel our credit cards begging for us to use them. It is amusing to me, also, that in this show, the big and small items have similar costs. Who says good things don’t come in small packages?

To start out, it gives us pleasure to air a reunion of sorts between our cohost, Randy, and members of a former podcast you may remember which Randy cohosted — Accessible Devices. Bill Tillery and Terry Borden join him to tell the world how a blind person goes about using a smart TV and sound bar. Of course, there isn’t just one way to go about this, so the conversation explores different ideas, preferences, and tech enough to get any sound and TV enthusiast drooling. Just a note to let you know this conversation was originally recorded on the Anker platform, so you’ll be hearing references to that. We will be following up on a future show to tell you what Anker is and how it works. Though we mentioned it a while back, it was very brief.

After, Jenine gives us AppleWatch 101 — an overview of the watch and its features along with some tips on using gestures on such a small screen. I didn’t think I would want one, even after the latest talk. However, I’ve recently had the opportunity to wear and use one at length and, darn it, I like it a lot.

Recently, Randy had some dealings with Sonos and is eager to tell you how he was treated. That and more in the next show.

We hope you enjoy listening. It starts tonight at 9PM Eastern on ACB Radio Mainstream <http://acbradio.org/mainstream/>, repeating every 4 hours until 5PM Saturday. You can use your web browser, ACB Link <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/acb-link/id1023962546?mt=8> for iOS, call 605-475-8130, or grab it as a podcast <http://mainmenu.acbradio.org/rss.xml>.

Have a great weekend!

--
Jason Castonguay