[Mm-friends] Latest Main Menu Show

Jenine Stanley jeninems at icloud.com
Sun Oct 15 10:26:40 EDT 2017

> On Oct 15, 2017, at 9:19 AM, John Gassman via Mm-friends <mm-friends at acbradio.org> wrote:
>
> And maybe most important of all, windows 10 and
> the Microsoft office subscription is where all
> the latest updates will come from for Microsoft
> and your screen reader in my case JAWS.
> With all the accessibility Microsoft Google and
> Amazon to name a few have built in to products,
> you really should move to windows 10.
> Updates come at least monthly if not sooner.
> I loved windows 7 and yet I felt no hessitantcy
> about upgrading to windows 10 and I like windows 10 better than 7.
> John
> At 05:33 AM 10/15/2017, you wrote:
>> Hi, Kathy.
>>
>> Someone feel free to add to or correct what I am
>> about to say. I believe the term “creators“
>> refers to the last couple of updates for windows
>> 10 and is about the ease of access in creating
>> all sorts of content (writers, graphic artists,
>> programming, etc.). It is my opinion that any
>> hesitation those users using Windows 7 have in
>> upgrading to Windows 10 is unwarranted. Windows
>> 10 is stable and feels like a better version of Windows 7, to me.
>>

>> -Jason castonguay
>>
>> Sent from iPhone
>>
>> > On Oct 14, 2017, at 23:10, Kathy Blackburn
>> via Mm-friends <mm-friends at acbradio.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > I listened to the latest Main Menu earlier
>> today. I'm still a Windows 7 user.  The
>> nomenclature of the Windows 10 releases puzzles
>> me.  What is the marketing strategy behind
>> calling them Creators' edition?  I'm not making
>> films, writing books, or designing
>> fashions.  Hearing the name "Creators'"
>> whatever does not indicate to me that I should
>> have any interest in this product. Thanks to
>> Joe Steinkamp, Jeff Bishop,   and the other
>> presenters for spotlighting features despite
>> the operating system's off-putting name.
>> >
>> > Kathy Blackburn
>> > kblackbn at mysero.net
>

> JAWS Certified, 2014.
> http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification <http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>

> I’ll second what’s been said here about Windows 10. Ignore the marketing and listen for the version number, 1709. At least they aren’t giving them candy names for updates. sorry Android folks.

Realistically Kathy, the difference between Windows 10 and Windows 7 is minimal, or at least not terribly difficult to figure out. If you do use JAWS, there are a number of materials on the Freedom Scientific web site to help you make the switch. Generally, your Office products, Word, Outlook, etc., will operate the same way. I’m not sure Office 2007 works in windows 10 but otherwise, it’s got some good features, like a much more useful search engine.