[Mm-friends] accessible chat room

Mary Emerson maryemerson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 21 21:00:40 EDT 2018

He might mean a general chat room where people come in and have
conversations. Team Talk is a tool to use when you chat; sort of like
Skype. Talking Communities is another tool used on a few sites, one of
which is accessibleworld.org. AccessibleWorld has what I'd call "guided
chats" or "moderated chats" where a moderator keeps the chat on topic.
Mostly the discussions are about books, or subjects relating to
blindness. There used to be a few blindness-related chat sites some time
back, but I suspect most have gradually died out. People don't seem to
have time for general chats any more.

Mary

Mary