Volume XLVII December 2008 No. 6
Published By The American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 2008 American Council of the Blind
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- President's Message: Training ACB's Future Leaders, by Mitch Pomerantz
- Attention Social Security, SSDI and SSI Beneficiaries!, by Melanie Brunson
- You Could Win a Braille Plus, A Victor Reader Stream, or Even An Olympus Digital Recorder!, by Ron Milliman
- Spotlight Your Affiliate with a BOP Award!
- Making the Switch to Digital TV Viewing, by Steve Waltke
- Who Do People Think We Are?, by Paul Edwards
- From Your Perspective: Blindness, by Rick Morin
- Blindness and Seeing: A Reflection, by Paul Edwards
- Affiliate News
- Winter Baseball, by John Lee Clark
- Here and There, by Sue Lichtenfels
- High Tech Swap Shop
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.