Volume LVIII March 2020 No. 9
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2020 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President's Message: Language Matters, by Dan Spoone
- Convention Program Tidbits, by Janet Dickelman
- Continuing Education Units at the ACB Convention, by Carla Ruschival
- A Special Tribute to Durward K. McDaniel, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- Walking Up a Storm, by Donna Brown
- Take a Walk on the Red Carpet in Schaumburg: Apply to Become a 2020 Recipient of the DKM First-Timers Award, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- Join the Leadership Inner Circle! Apply to Become a 2020 ACB/JPMorgan Chase Leadership Fellow, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- Make Your Plans for the ACB Auction
- Mini Mall News, by Carla Ruschival
- Let's Make 2020 a Win-Win, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- Holiday Auction Thank-Yous, by Carla Ruschival
- Shrimp, Drinks, and the Bill: A Moment of Accessibility, by Meka White
- Teamwork Matters, by Hayley Agers
- Affiliate and Committee News
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forum
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your email address and name where indicated.
ACB Radio, the place to be with the people in the know! www.acbradio.org.
Looking to stream you affiliate's convention? Go to http://acbradio.org/affiliate-request and fill out the form at least 6 weeks in advance of the event.