Volume LVIII May 2020 No. 11
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2020 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- 2020 ACB Convention Going Virtual, by Janet Dickelman
- President’s Message: Core Values, Gardens, and Baseball, by Dan Spoone
- Expanded CEUs and Professional Development at the Virtual Convention, by Carla Ruschival
- ACB Board Holds Emergency Meeting: the 2020 Convention Will Be a Virtual Event, by Deb Cook Lewis
- Understand Virus More, Fear It Less, by Larry P. Johnson
- ACB Next Generation Becomes Latest Special-Interest Affiliate of the American Council of the Blind, by Greg Lindberg
- Succeeding in Life’s Garden, by Sue Lichtenfels
- Five Thousand Miles. One Month. Four Million Children Who Are Visually Impaired., by June A. Converse
- Advocacy Brings Audio Description to Sacramento, by Margie Donovan
- Do You Hear What I Hear — Now?, by Tom Mitchell
- Greetings from the MMS Committee, by Jean Mann
- Letter to the Editor
- Is Blindskills, Inc. Still in Operation?, by Marja Byers
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forum
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank email to email@example.com, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your email address and name where indicated.
ACB Radio, the place to be with people in the know! www.acbradio.org
ACB Radio Mainstream has blindness-related news you can use at www.acbradio.org/mainstream.