by Donna Brown
Spring has arrived; the weather is getting nicer; and the ACB national conference and convention is less than four months away. What does all of that mean? It means it’s time to Get Moving Together, and join in on the fun of the ACB Brenda Dillon Memorial Walk.
Besides being a fund-raiser for ACB and its affiliates, this year’s walk is one activity in ACB’s Get Up and Get Moving health and wellness initiative. How can you be a part of the action?
- For a small donation of $25, register for the Walk. When you register, you can choose to either create an affiliate team, join a team, or register as an individual.
- After registering, you will receive an email with a link to your webpage. Send that link to family members, friends, co-workers, etc., encouraging them to either join your team or make a donation.
How can you register?
- Online registration is available at https://secure.qgiv.com/event/acbwalk2021/ or by going to acb.org, and in the Quick Links section you will find the link to the 2021 ACB Walk. NOTE: This is the same web site we used two years ago. If your email address is recognized, you will be asked for a password. Just click the “forgot password” button if necessary, and you will be sent an email to reset your password.
- You can download and complete a paper registration form from the web site listed above.
- You can call the ACB office in Minnesota at (612) 332-3242.
Once again, affiliate or committee teams can designate up to 50 percent of the money they raise to come back to their treasury. So let’s Get Moving Together, get some exercise, and help us reach our fund-raising goal of $95,000.
For questions about the Walk, contact Walk committee chair Donna Brown by email, Donnambrown59@gmail.com, or by phone at (304) 940-0292.